Trufant Brothers Tattoo Aftercare
- Leave the bandage on for at least an hour and no more than three.
- Gently Clean the area with a mild antibacterial soap then gently blot, don’t rub, the area dry. (repeat 2-3 times daily)
- Apply Aquaphor in a very thin layer. If the tattoo becomes sticky blot off excess ointment with a clean paper towel until only a thin layer is left.
- Continue to wash and clean tattoo 2-3 times a day as mentioned earlier.
- Wear Sunscreen (Great idea anyway. Oh and at least SPF 45 and/or keep tattoo out of the sun.)
- Keep tattoo moisturized with Aquaphor.
- Dead skin will appear as the tattoo heals. Keep it clean and moisturized. Do not scrub while bathing just clean normal.
- If scabbing forms DO NOT PEEL THEM OFF! Instead keep them moist until they heal.
- Avoid scented body washes, lotions, and shampoos on your tattoo.
- Don’t swim or get in a hot tub for at least 2 weeks.
- Avoid direct exposure to the sun and after the tattoo has fully healed wear Sunscreen (Great idea anyway. At least SPF 45 and/or keep tattoo out of the sun.)
- Wear loose clothing over tattoo while it heals to avoid clothing pulling off the scabs and irritating the tattoo.
Contact a Licensed health care practitioner at the first sign of infection or allergic reaction. Texas department of State Health Services, Drugs and Medical Devices Group at 1-888-839-6676
Have questions? Call us (325) 600 – 4625 or come by the shop
227 S. Chadbourne St., San Angelo, TX 76903
Visit Our Walk-in Tattoo Shop!
At our tattoo studio, we pride ourselves on bringing our clients’ visions to life. Whether that be designing a traditional tattoo or creating a cover up tattoo to mask an old girlfriend’s name, we are here to deliver. Nothing is out of reach!
Here is everything you’ll need to know about tattoo after care. If you have any additional questions, feel free to give us a call or stop by to talk with our tattooers.